Saturday, May 31, 2008

Writing Prompt #3

This prompt came out of my own brain. Imagine that! Actually I was working on another Squidoo lens about creative writing and I gave one of the modules the title having to do with taking a vacation or going to a writing paradise. It got me thinking of this prompt. So here goes...


Writing Prompt #3:

If you had all the money and time that you needed for an extended trip anywhere in the world, where would it be and what would you write about while you were there?

I would like to take a trip to a lot of different parts of the world. I would like to see the lands of my ancestors first. There I would hopefully be able to do some genealogical research and I would write about the information I found and the people I met. I would journal basically the entire trip about everything I saw and did in each place. The biggest part of the trip would be photography. You know they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
I would also like to go to the lands that my children's father came from so I could see it from a different perspective than I can only have now by seeing it on the internet or hearing others from there speak of it. My camera and my journal would be my closest companions on this part of the journey as well.
After those two trips, I would just like to visit anywhere that offers unique photo opportunities, beautiful landscapes, animals I have never seen before outside of a zoo or in pictures, waterfalls, forests, architecture, and people of course. Then I would journal about everything again.

When I got home and relaxed, then I would edit the photos and any videos I took. I would reread the journals. I would have a weath of information to build all kinds of writing on. Since I have not had that opportunity at this point, and don't have those pictures, journals, and memories, I don't know what I would actually write. But I do think at least one of the things I would write would have to be a travel article or book.

No comments: