Monday, February 24, 2014

A Whole Year????

WOW!  I guess I haven't been very good at keeping up with this blog at all!  This post won't be very long but I just wanted to update what has been going on with me and my writing this past year.  For the most part I have done most of my writing on the website Squidoo where I have over 40 "lenses" which is what they call their pages.  However, I am soon leaving that site because I no longer agree to their editorial changes which have turned more to product review lenses and sales lenses instead of lenses written for the enjoyment of writing.  Yes, it's great to write and earn some money at the same time.  However, more and more Squidoo has been moving towards making these sales lenses their priority as well as limiting more and more of what we can do with our lenses.  Therefore, I am going to remove my lenses from their site, and go through them to see which ones I might put on my blogs.  Some might even end up on this blog.  They are already saved to my computer so as soon as I get my account there settled, I will pull the lenses off the site.

I've also been doing a small amount of writing on Facebook, but most of that has to do with patriotism, politics (Me?  Political?? Who knew???) and Christianity.  To be honest, I really am not sure if I can ever get back my motivation for wanting to write like I used to have.  But somewhere down inside, I know there is still a spark burning so maybe it will turn to a burning flame that will result in writing again.  For now, with everything else I am busy with, writing seems to be on a back burner.  Hopefully it won't be another year before my next post.

No comments: