Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A New Writing Prompt

Today I am taking the writing prompt from the first line of a famous book...George Orwell's 1984. Whether you have read this book or not is not important to this prompt. Take the first line and write your own following lines. What will you come up with?

This is the line: "It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen."


This is the first prompt I have given you in awhile. My experiment is not going so well at the moment. I think my brain is being fried in this summertime heat in my mobile home. But here is the prompt for you to work on. I can't think of anything right now except if I saw the clocks striking thirteen, I think I might want to go back to bed and hopefully wake back up in the real world again.

No comments: